Tips for choosing the right granite counters for your bathroom
If the next big project you have planned for your home is remodeling the bathroom, granite counters are a viable option.
- Adding granite counters is considered a boost for your home value.
- Granite comes in as many colors and patterns as are found in nature. The most common and therefore least expensive granite has a fairly uniform color throughout the countertop. A more expensive pattern has a swirl in it, called "movement." Thickness of a counter top will also affect the price.
- Granite counters are very low maintenance, only needing to be sealed a couple of time a year depending on use and no harsh chemicals are needed for cleanup.
- Granite is one of the hardest stones found in nature; it is resistant to scrapes, chips and stains. With proper care and maintenance granite can be expected to last a lifetime.
- Ease of installation, because all of the granite counters sold at Builders Surplus have the bowl already mounted and sealed, installation is a cinch.
Be sure to bring paint chips, tile samples or other elements to compare and help with the new look you are trying to achieve.
Visit the Builders Surplus website today to find out more about all of our counter top options, including granite counters.